Friday, March 16, 2012

A labor of love

I am about to post the most laborious essay I have written to date for this blog site.  I've been wanting to do it ever since I revisited the Alhambra in Granada, Spain last year, but hesitated to do so because of the daunting prospect of covering this magnificent architectural achievement in the manner I think it deserves.

I have now worked on it obsessively for over the week since I returned again from Spain and will post it in the next hour.  It is a rather long read so I am forewarning you in advance.  I suggest you get a good cup of coffee or tea and sit down on comfortable cushions when it comes time to indulge yourself in this essay.  I've done a great deal of painstaking research and have learned a great deal in the process, the proceeds of which I want to share with you.

Blissed out in front of the Palacio de Partal at the Alhambra
I hope you enjoy it, Jeffrey

1 comment: